Our order tracking app, Tracktor, is a powerful tool to manage and optimize your Shopify store’s post-purchase experience. From providing your customers with a page right on your very Shopify store to track their orders to providing your team with transparent data on your fulfillment process, Tracktor can make a huge difference in your sales.
That said, we want to make sure our merchants are getting the most out of their Tracktor accounts, so we’ve put together a list of best practices you can refer to to make sure your Tracktor game is at its peak.
1. Make it easy for your customers to understand how to track their order.
Tracktor is all about making it easy for your customers to track their orders. While Tracktor does go a long way towards making the order tracking process easy as pie for your customers, there are certainly a few places you can optimize to provide the absolute easiest experience.
We recommend taking a few steps:
- Make sure they have easy access in that email to their order number. Tracktor can auto populate the necessary information to track their orders.
- Include a short article about tracking orders in your Shipping and Fulfillment Policy, as well as any FAQ page you might have, and be sure to include a link to your tracking page in the piece.
2. Utilize the analytics on your Tracktor dashboard.
We’ve included a number of resources on the Tracktor dashboard to make analyzing your post-purchase experience easier. Our two favorite resources are the Orders tab and the Mission Control tab. On the Orders tab, you are able to filter your orders by a variety of ways including the most expensive order, the date that the order was created, and delivery status. The Mission Control tab provides a high level visualization of exactly where in the world all your orders are.
Between these two tabs, you can track which orders are currently having issues: shipping exceptions, the tracking number expired, failed attempt at delivery, and which orders’ details are pending. Use the data to be proactive.
3. Ensure the page flows with your store’s theme for a seamless experience.
One of the things we have seen over the years is that some Shopify themes throw off the look of third party apps like Tracktor, causing some of your fields to look offset or resulting in overlapping text. This issue is completely avoidable, though. We recommend:
- Make sure the button for “Track” is easy to see (ie add some color behind it).
- Pay attention to the style and look of the page. Don’t be afraid to try a few custom tweaks to get the page looking perfect.
- Make sure the Tracktor app is responsive on your mobile site.
- Utilize our free Expert Install Service to have us do the set-up and customizing for you. We can add some styling to match the tracking page with your theme.
- Add support for the carriers you need.
If your using one of the many shipping carriers that Shopify doesn’t support, you’ll want to utilize Tracktor’s carrier mapping feature. The carrier mapping feature provides access to over 900 carriers for you to use with your Shopify orders. We’ve created this guide to help you get your carrier mapping set up.
(Using dropshipping on your store? Click on this guide to add dropshipping support for your store.)
Need something else?
If these best practices haven’t given you the answer you needed, check out a few or our other helpful resources:
Email Tracktor support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We promise that we’ll do everything we possibly can to get you what you need!
Mandy is a Customer Success Specialist here at ShopPad. She loves to talk about sports 24/7, binge watch her favorite Netflix shows, and eating. She is currently looking for any friends that would join her at sport events.