First and foremost: thank you for using our Tracktor application! I’ve written this article to serve as a guide for some of the best practices when it comes to leveraging Tracktor to improve the fulfilment experience for both you and your customers. (If you have not downloaded Tracktor yet and are just doing some research, thank you for considering the Tracktor app!)
As the leader in the Shopify App Store for order status tracking, we here at ShopPad have come across many incredible Shopify sites with Tracktor, many of which are pioneering the way for excellence.
The number one reason people use Tracktor is to improve the customer experience (although saving time and money is a pretty good secondary reason). That means a key to using Tracktor well is truly understanding your customers’ thought process post-purchase, when they’re eagerly anticipating the arrival of their new product!
How can the customer build trust with your brand that their package will arrive within the anticipated window? Odds are they are going to verify this and satisfy a psychological urge to feel closer to their new purchase by getting an update on the status of their order.
How they go about actually doing this will depend pretty heavily on how you communicate with your customers post-purchase. Here are a few ways the customer thinks to get an update on their order status (in no particular order):
- Call into support.
- Check their email for tracking details.
- Go to your site to check.
So let’s talk about how you can use Tracktor to best satisfy these customers! Here are some of the best practices we’ve learned from our thousands of Tracktor users:
1. Make it easy for your customers to understand how to track their order.
The best thing you can do for your customers is make things easy for them, especially someone you want to be a long-term customer. Think about it: if you were shopping somewhere and found it cumbersome to do something, would you be more or less likely to make a purchase?
- Make sure they have easy access in that email to their order number.
- Include a short article about tracking orders in your Shipping and Fulfillment Policy, as well as any FAQ page you might have, and be sure to include a link to your tracking page in the piece.
2. Ensure the page flows with your store’s theme for a seamless experience.
There is nothing worse than knowing where to go to get something done only to find the process confusing or even feeling like you are in the wrong place. Uniformity and seamless flow is critical and often accomplished in the small things. One of the things we have seen is that some themes throw off the look of 3rd party apps like Tracktor, causing some of your fields to look offset or resulting in overlapping text.
- Make sure the button for “Track” is easy to see (add some color behind it).
- Pay attention to the style and look of the page. Don’t be afraid to try a few custom tweaks to get the page looking perfect.
- Make sure the Tracktor app is responsive on your mobile site.
- Utilize our free Expert Install Services to have us do the set-up and customizing for you. We can do color coding, field placement, etc. (And again, this service is free for ALL Tracktor users. We know it sounds too good to be true, but we promise it is true!)
3. Change the message your customers receive if you reach your lookup limit.
Imagine you are a customer and you want to track your order. You know you can do this from your favorite store’s website and you followed that awesome link they sent you in the post purchase email telling you how easy it is to track your order! You get there and you enter your order information only to have the following message popup: “Please contact our customer support for inquiries about your order.” Now your customer thinks there is something wrong with your tracking page, their order, and/or that they have to figure out how to get in contact with your customer support. Not ideal, right?
- Consider changing the overlimit message to include your customer support number and email address. Use comforting word like: “Please contact our customer support team at email@example.com or by phone at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Don’t worry your order is safe with us and we will make sure to get to the bottom of this ASAP!”
- You don’t have to run out of lookups. Upgrade your Tracktor account to handle the volume of lookups your customers require. Our plans start at just $14.99/month!
4. Add support for the carriers you need.
While Shopify provides a basis for the standard carriers that you can use to fulfill your orders, it still lacks access for hundreds of other carriers that merchants may use around the world. That is where Tracktor’s Carrier Mapping feature comes into play. The Carrier Mapping feature provides access to over 400 support carriers for you to use with your Shopify orders.
- This guide will guide you on what Carrier Mapping is and how you can use it with Tracktor.
- Using dropshipping on your store? The Carrier Mapping feature will add support to many common drop shipping carriers.
5. Leverage the Business or Enterprise plans.
We offer a variety of plans so that Shopify and Shopify Plus business owners of all sizes can offer an amazing experience for their customers and make their day-day a little easier. Our most popular plan is the Business plan thanks to its ability to let your customers enroll in automated email updates and a more seamless experience in regards to theme flow.
- If you need more lookups than advertised, give us a shout and we can get you some pricing options that fit your needs. We work with everyone from small business owners to major Enterprises.
Need something else?
If these best practices haven’t given you the answer you needed, check out a few or our other helpful resources:
- Email Tracktor support at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call Tracktor support at: (888) 735-3133
We promise that we’ll do everything we possibly can to get you what you need!
Dustin is an Account Executive at ShopPad. He loves eCommerce and has worked with merchants LARGE and small. He knows that in an environment controlled by the likes of Amazon there has never been a better time to optimize your retail strategy and get the online piece right. When he is not working, Dustin is probably enjoying all the fine dining in San Francisco!